Re: [opensuse] Transparent Huge Pages
On 03/16/2019 07:31 PM, Dave Howorth wrote:
So why are THP enabled by default? I could understand if they were set
to madvise for example, but are they likely to make a huge difference
on my 8 GB desktop?

And I don't understand why redis recommend a setting of never rather
than madvise, if anybody has any thoughts on that?

Strange, they are disabled on 42.3. Apparently there is benefit to the
decreasing the number of lookups, but the downside is on systems running
databases or dealing with sparse data. I don't know whether this helps or
hurts the normal user.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.