[opensuse] Transparent Huge Pages
I've just noticed that Transparent Huge Pages are enabled on my Leap
15.0 system. I don't believe I've done anything to cause that since I
didn't know what they were until I recently read the redis log which
says:

"WARNING you have Transparent Huge Pages (THP) support enabled in your
kernel. This will create latency and memory usage issues with Redis. To
fix this issue run the command
'echo never > /sys/kernel/mm/transparent_hugepage/enabled' as root, and
add it to your /etc/rc.local in order to retain the setting after a
reboot. Redis must be restarted after THP is disabled."

So why are THP enabled by default? I could understand if they were set
to madvise for example, but are they likely to make a huge difference
on my 8 GB desktop?

And I don't understand why redis recommend a setting of never rather
than madvise, if anybody has any thoughts on that?