Re: [opensuse] Why are nsupdate changes not persistent? SOLVED
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2019 20:18:48 +0100
Marc Chamberlin wrote:

Hi Per -  Well you hit the nail on the head, many thanks for your
help!

Marc, my pleasure! Two pairs of eyes will always beat one pair :-)

Moving the zone files over to /var/lib/named solved the
persistence problem. I guess that wasn't clear to me but now that I
think about it, makes sense since named is running in a chrooted jail
and it cannot follow links out of there. (I actually had to create 3
new "master" directories, one for each view, but that wasn't a big
hurdle..)

I also have two views, but I keep all the zone files in one place.

This didn't solve my troubles I am having with LetsEncrypt
certificates but at least I know this persistence issue isn't getting
in my way...

I'm using http-01 which works very well, but I have been contemplaing
trying out dns-01 too.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (11.1°C)
http://www.cloudsuisse.com/ - your owncloud, hosted in Switzerland.