Re: [opensuse] Backup Data to a Remote Tape Drive
On 06/03/2019 21.26, Mark Petersen wrote:
I'm looking for some help in backing up some data on a virtual machine to the
host's tape drive.

Searching the internet, I found this command:

# tar cvzf - /data | ssh root@host "cat > /dev/st0"

But, I would like to run the script from the host not on the guest vm.

I have limited space on the host and guest, so I'd like to "stream" the data
to the tape drive.

Thanks for any assistance.

You could export the guest filesystem via NFS (assuming both are Linux),
and then on the host import it and work on it however you wish.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 15.0 x86_64 at Telcontar)