Re: [opensuse] redis
On Wed, 6 Mar 2019 19:49:03 +0000
Dave Howorth <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, 06 Mar 2019 19:07:14 +0100
Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dave Howorth wrote:

So a little more information. I've now got it running under
systemd as I mentioned above but apparently it's running as a
service called redis@default as mentioned by Per earlier.

Now emoncms is still claiming it isn't running, even though I've
separately run the PHP code it uses to check and that works fine.
Every other test indicates that both redis and the Phpredis
extension are working fine.

The only thing I can see that is different is that emoncms expects
the redis service to be called redis-server, not
redis@default.

Those are just names, emoncms is likely looking for a port or a unix
service. There must some config for emoncms too?

Thanks Per. emoncms is expecting it on the standard port -
127.0.0.1:6379 - which it is on. What's a unix service?

To add, the point is that on raspbian (and presumably ubuntu and debian
also) the service is called 'redis-server' rather than 'redis@default'
so the various scripts that try to access redis-server status and
suchlike will fail on openSUSE.