Re: [opensuse] grub2-install question
On 3/5/19 8:26 AM, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 2019-03-05 5:35 a.m., Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
l not proceed with blocklists.

Don't remember ever seeing the above error and this has worked in the past.

I too encountered the above.
Once upon a time it worked ... then 'something changed' and it behaved like the
above.
What the !!! well software gets updated.
"Yes, it used to be, but we changed all that" seems to be a mantra of
programmers.

It could not work in the past.

It could; it did but, the crux of the matter is that the past is irrelevant;
what is relevant is that it doesn't work now and isn't going to.

I'm pretty sure the reason it doesn't work now is because the disk is using GPT instead of the older PC style labels. I still have some non-GPT systems where this works like it used to. You know, with extended partitions. Either way the --force took care of the issue for me.

Regards
Mark