Re: [opensuse] using old cell phone as a server
On 04/03/2019 14.58, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 2019-03-04 4:44 a.m., Carlos E.R. wrote:
/My/ requirement is to use openSUSE Leap on them, not Tumbleweed. I know
this is not feasible, so I will not do it.

Why is it a binding requirement?

Again? :-(

Firstly many on this list are quite happily running pre-LEAP openSuSE.

Sure. Me will not put an internet facing machine on that (and yes, I
also have machines running those versions).

Secondly there are quite a number of alternative implementations or version of
Linux, many of which have been geared/configured for specific purposes.
What's that? They are not for Pi?
Well ask the specific developers to recompile them!

Sure. I like openSUSE and feel comfortable with it. Using different
takes me out of my comfort zone. So, no.

It seems crazy to me that in this day and age there are people who insist on
downloading and compiling their own systems as in Days of Yore, but obviously
three are people who think that since I've run SSH and X-Windows on my tablet
and have an interesting in IPC-based LARP I must be crazy. Not like
Abbot/Costello uncle was crazy though.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.