Re: [opensuse] using old cell phone as a server
On 03/03/2019 23.56, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 2019-03-03 3:00 p.m., Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2019-03-01 3:07 p.m., Carlos E. R. wrote:
I simply state my case. *Me* does not want to be updating frequently,
nor to use brand new versions.

Then get a cell phone. (Or do you call them 'mobiles' like the Brits?)
Possibly one more than 3 years old.

Why would I use a cell phone instead of Linux?

But a cell phone, certainly Android, and that's almost every brand except
Apple,
is running Linux. Once you get past the the different GUI all the Linux
features are there; file system most of the commands ...

My best choice is openSUSE Leap. It is not perfect, but it is good
enough, and I have no intention to replace with a phone.

Just about any version of Linux is good enough.
Even the version under Android.

But it is not openSUSE. It is a fake Linux. I can not run YaST and
install my packages.

No way.

--
Cheers / Saludos,