Re: [opensuse] Probably OT but just in case ...
  • From: Jan Ritzerfeld <suse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2019 08:58:49 +0100
Am Sonntag, 3. März 2019, 02:47:36 CET schrieb Stevens:
[...]
That was the bit I was missing: regionset was unknown to me.

For me, too. After some hours, I think I found an error message in some log,
maybe dmesg or so.

I installed
it, put the original drive back, ran regionset on it, changed the region
code from "2" to "1", everything started working.

Cool! But please keep in mind that often you can change the code only five
times. Then it sticks and you really have to buy a new DVD drive if you don't
like the code set.

IIRC, this dvd drive
came from ebay, so some other schmuck probably couldn't get it to work,
either, hence the sale.

Or, someone wanted to play original DVDs from Japan. :)

Thank you, Jan

You're welcome!
Jan
--