Re: [opensuse] trouble with ssh connecting
  • From: Knurpht-openSUSE <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2018 22:09:20 +0100
Op maandag 12 november 2018 21:11:47 CET schreef David C. Rankin:
BUT... not good these type of changes w/o any notice and no way to
recover w/o remote assistance. next time the remote aid may not be as
viable and then a loooong trip for very suspect reasons.

yes, this is a RANT, but a NECESSARY RANT.

PAY ATTENTION.

tw is a long term investment.

Remote administration is quite a challenge when these things happen. I have
found myself on the receiving end on a few updates (thankfully just a few).

Somewhere in the testing rings there should be a requirement for one box
being remote administered to hopefully catch these before they have
real-world impacts. Thankfully I'm only few miles from the office, but
others are not so lucky....

Agreed, an openQA test for ssh should be > nice.

--
Gertjan Lettink a.k.a. Knurpht
openSUSE Board Member