Re: [opensuse] trouble with ssh connecting
  • From: Knurpht-openSUSE <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2018 20:46:04 +0100
Op maandag 12 november 2018 20:37:09 CET schreef Patrick Shanahan:
* Knurpht-openSUSE <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [11-12-18 14:32]:
In that case you missed that SuSEfirewall2 is deprecated and not even
available in TW anymore.

and where would I have missed that? I know about firewalld being the next
supported firewall script but NEVER sat that support/updates/... for
SuSEfirewall2 were DROPPED and/or that my system would fail to function.
and I read more of the openSUSE traffic than most.

and if I did indeed miss that NOTICE, I am definitely not to only one here
who failed to see it.
There were lots of posts on opensuse-factory@o.o

and perhaps at some point we should begin to trim part of the quoted
material ???
Point taken
--
Gertjan Lettink a.k.a. Knurpht