Re: [opensuse] trouble with ssh connecting
  • From: Freek de Kruijf <freek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2018 14:40:17 +0100
Op maandag 12 november 2018 12:08:47 CET schreef George from the tribe:
I use ssh to sync my 2 laptops. I have all my keys in place, so it
normally connects without a problem or having to enter a password. Until
recently it worked fine, but now here is what I am dealing with.

On laptop #1, I connect to laptop #2 with the following:
ssh -X george@192.168.1.169

It connects fine without any trouble.

On laptop #2 I connect to #1 with the following
ssh -X george@192.168.1.180

I can connect to myself from laptop #1 to laptop #1 by running the same
command ssh -X george@192.168.1.180, and it works no problem. So I think
the port is open on that computer.

Until recently this had no problem connecting. Now it just hangs. No
error given, it just sits there. Maybe after 5 or 10 minutes it will say
the request timed out, but sometimes it doesn't do anything except sit
there until I hit ctrl-c to break the request.

I can ping the other computer no problem, but cannot connect by ssh.
Port 22 is open according to SuSEfirewall2

Check openssh and openssh-helper on the system you can't connect to. Version
7.8p1 does not accept an ssh connection. On OBS you can find 7.9p1 which
solves that problem.

--
fr.gr.

member openSUSE