Re: [opensuse] VLC 3 and Chromecast
On 12/11/2018 11.32, jdd@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Le 12/11/2018 à 11:29, Carlos E. R. a écrit :

"This feature is currently only available in version 3.0 of VLC for
Windows and Mac, so you’ll need a Windows PC or Mac and an up-to-date
version of VLC to continue."

Oh, shit.  :-(

try wine

I'm now looking at converting my video files to a format that the
chromecast likes. Found a page that lists them:

<https://developers.google.com/cast/docs/media>

Another post at
<https://www.reddit.com/r/Chromecast/comments/69kd06/best_video_format_for_streaming_local_files/>
says "Generally h264/x264 is what you'll want for Chromecast use (CC
doesn't support hardware decoding of h265)."

So I will have to concoct an ffmpeg conversion line and try. Not now, I
have to go elsewhere.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.