[opensuse] VLC 3 and Chromecast
Hi,

according to places, VLC 3 can send to a Google Chromecast
device, but it does not work for me.

<https://www.howtogeek.com/269272/how-to-stream-from-vlc-to-your-chromecast/>

My problem is that VLC doesn't see the chromecast device.

Google Chrome does, same computer, and I can play things "fine". Well,
its version of fine.

I have VLC 3.0.2 on openSUSE 15.0. I go to "Playback/Renderer" and the
only option is "local". "Scanning" is greyed out.

Preferences (Advanced mode)/Stream output/Access output has "Chromecast
stream output" selected.

Ideas?

(VLC from a tablet or phone (Android) does work. Unfortunately, with the
video files I'm interested on playing it plays audio, no video at all.
Probably needs conversion on the fly - which is why I'm trying the
computer instead, with no luck so far.)

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.