Re: [opensuse] Anyone in Xemacs interested?
  • From: Peter Suetterlin <pit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2018 11:04:02 +0000
Anton Aylward wrote:
On 08/11/18 07:35 AM, Mathias Homann wrote:
I've been working with unix and linux since the second half of the eighties
(ok not linux obviously), and I haven't used (x)emacs one single time.

drop it.

I recall hearing "eight megabytes and constantly swapping" at the start of the
eighties.

Hehe, remember that one, too. And at that time that was a LOT. My first
Linux machine had 16MB, and that was sort-of above standard because I wanted
to run X.

Nowadays, find a program that only uses 8MB. A 'Hello World' maybe?

;^> and sorry for OT

As for the topic itself: I'm emacs user since the early 90s. But since the
main emacs paxkage has good X support I've never installed/used Xemacs again.
So also no objection from my side.