Re: [opensuse] texstudio freezes KDE3 desktop
On 11/05/2018 02:01 PM, Istvan Gabor wrote:
Hello:

I installed texstudio in openSUSE Leap 42.3 with KDE 3.5 desktop.
I downloaded the rpm packages from

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/jsundermeyer/openSUSE_Leap_42.3/x86_64/texstudio-2.12.10-3.1.x86_64.rpm

and

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/jsundermeyer/openSUSE_Leap_42.3/x86_64/texstudio-qt4-2.12.10-4.1.x86_64.rpm

Both versions (qt4 and qt5) freezes KDE 3.5 desktop.
There is no any error or other message in the terminal window when
I run the program in konsole.

I still can switch to other terminal windows by ctrl+alt+F(1-6).

How could I fix this or at least find out what the problem is?

Istvan, it is hard to tell. I suspect there is an overlooked dependency. It
would be helpful to post to the suse-kde3 list. I have been completely
impressed with kde3 on Leap 42.3 and Leap 15.0. It has been virtually flawless
for me and blisteringly fast.

I'll see if I can load it (as long as it doesn't have a monstrous dependency
list. In the mean time, post/forward the question to

opensuse-kde3@xxxxxxxxxxxx

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.