Re: [opensuse] Login weirdness
On 05/11/2018 22.13, Michael Fischer wrote:
On Mon, Nov 05, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 05/11/2018 21.37, Michael Fischer wrote:
On Mon, Nov 05, Liam Proven wrote:

Seems like it is trying to prompt me to log in well before the system is
properly up?

That is possible. Indeed, I suspect one of my machines has that issue as
well. The symptoms are different, though: the XFCE session does not
recover all items that were up on the previous session.

So what I do is log out without saving the session. Or crash the session
(ctrl-alt-bckspace twice), then login again. Alternatively, logi first
as a different user in gnome, exit, then as my user in xfce. Then I get
all the items back.

Hmm. As you might have guessed from my other thread, I'm using "runlevel 3"
and `startx`. (Here's to forced debugging using those..)

Ah, yes, startx. I forgot. :-)

And you have problems login in there, for a while, then it works? Very
strange.

And you have already replaced the /home disk? The old disk is
disconnected? I mean, the data cable removed?

Play with "systemd-analyze". Tab tab for options. Start with "blame".
Then "critical-chain". You may see what service, if any, is taking long
to start.

In Critical chain the '+' indicates how long a service takes to complete
start; and when this value does appear, it is that it takes long. Those
lines may show in red.

The multiuser target is started early, but many other services are
started later and take long to complete.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.

(from openSUSE 15.0 (Legolas))