Re: [opensuse] eric the python IDE
Hello,

On Thu, 01 Nov 2018, George from the tribe wrote:
So as I am starting my education in python, something comes up here that
tells me I need to know more about how opensuse packages things...

On my bigger laptop in which I am running tumbleweed, I see that eric6 is
available from the regular repositories as an official release.

However, in leap 15, only eric5 is available. Eric6 has not yet made it into
the official repositories.

On the opensuse package search, I can see that eric6 is available as an
"experimental" package (and it is one version higher than the tumbleweed
version of eric6 - tumbleweed has released eric6-18.09, but the experimental
packages have released eric6-18.10.

There are also 2 "community" packages available for eric6 - one is 18.09 and
the other is 18.10.

Going to the experimental package in devel:languages:python (which is
the repo that feeds factory) and then on "users" I see that "frispete"
is the maintainer of that package there. And lo and behold, he's got
eric6-18.10 for Leap 15.0 in his home-repo (aka community package). So
that'd be what I'd take.

HTH,
-dnh

--
The trouble with writing fiction is that it has to make sense, whereas
real life doesn't. -- Iain Banks