Re: [opensuse] Scanner settings?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2018 19:04:24 +0100
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 01/11/2018 18.09, Per Jessen wrote:
gumb wrote:

I use Skanlite, it saves settings!

(not sure about boundaries though)

Ditto & ditto. I don't think I've ever had reason to set the
boundaries.

Me, always.

I set the boundaries to the minimal size that will get the document or
whatever, living out the white space on the margins.
The resulting filesize is smaller. Sometimes a lot smaller.

Doesn't that mean doing a pre-scan?

There is a scanning application that does that automagically, I' don't
remember which one.

I usually scan for use in a document or to email to someone. Sometimes
converting to a PDF first. It's most often text, so I use 150dpi,
sometimes 300dpi. I rarely use a scan without opening it with gimp,
reducing the size and saving as jpeg, at 60%. That'll create a decent
scanned image, reasonably sized for email, and it won't produce bloated
PDFs.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (11.3°C)
http://www.cloudsuisse.com/ - your owncloud, hosted in Switzerland.