Re: [opensuse] Re: Scanner settings?
On Thu, 1 Nov 2018 12:55:22 -0400
James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 11/01/2018 12:42 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
I have never tried to can from LibreOffice, I didn't even know it
was possible.

That's the only way I use it.  You have to select the scan source to
set resolution, etc.. and then scan the image into the document.  It
works fine in that role, except I have to change the settings every
time I create a new document.  The default ones are pretty much
useless. Virtually all my scanning is for 8.5" x 11", 1200 BPI,
lineart.  I almost never use anything else.  It would be very nice to
have those values as my default.  I've looked at Skanlite and Xsane
and don't see any way to work directly with LibreOffice with them.

This sounds like an LO bug rather than an opensuse one.