Re: [opensuse] Audio volume fading out
On 2018-08-31 14:09, Jon Cosby wrote:
My audio volume is fading out in LEAP 42.3. Where the system volume was
set to 70 - 80% yesterday, I have to turn it up to 100% (or higher, as
the GNOME and KDE settings seem to allow). I've reset it using alsamixer
but this is the same setting the GUI interfaces use. I have a Sound
BlasterX Kratos S5 sub-woofer and speakers with a USB connection, and
alsa recognizes this as a "sound card." The actual built-in sound card
is an Intel HDA ATI SB. It's the second time this has happened; a few
months ago, I finally ended up turning up the speaker volume. This isn't
a long term solution, at some point it will max out. The speaker control
is under my desk, so I haven't ruled out inadvertently bumping the
volume with my foot, but I think it's something else. Does anyone know
what it would be?

Wild guess, the speaker amplifier failing slowly.

You could setup some earphones connected directly to the computer, for
comparison if the same thing happens to them during time.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.

(from openSUSE 15.0 (Legolas))