Re: [opensuse] Re: Master PDF Editor
On 2018-08-30 12:41, Rainer Klier wrote:

Am 30.08.18 um 18:28 schrieb Carlos E. R.:

*master PDF editor*
<https://code-industry.net/get-masterpdfeditor/>
<https://code-industry.net/public/master-pdf-editor-5.0.15_qt5.x86_64.rpm>

latest version:

https://code-industry.net/public/master-pdf-editor-5.1.36_qt5.x86_64.rpm

It is an *editor*, not a reader.

but you still can use it as a reader.

just don't edit anything.

it is like using vi or KDE's kate (which are editors as well) for
viewing text files... ;-)

Which I never do.

It can place signatures, but not in the free version.

could old acroread 9.5.5 do this?

Add signatures? I think so, never tried. Needs a certificate.

I do not see how to view signature data. Doesn't even say that the file
is signed.

yes, it can view/check signatures.

i do this nearly every day.

on the left side of the window you see 6 icons in vertical order.

the first looks like a document-icon, the last looks like a
certificate-icon.

this is the signature tab.

here you can see and validate signatures.

I will eventually try.
But being an editor, unless it can be configured to disable the editor
by default, is a no-no.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.