Re: [opensuse] install leap 15.0 in 10Gb
On 2018-08-25 09:50, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2018-08-22 4:51 p.m., jdd@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

I have 17 remote IMAP accounts, 3 local IMAP accounts with Dovecot
and a IMAP-to-Gmail account.

I've just been though and pursed all the local-storage settings.
anton@main:~> du -Lsh ~/.thunderbird
1.1G /home/anton/.thunderbird

Maybe compact folders?

As in "actually delete the messages marked for deletion".
yes, but many of those messages are on the server.
How do I PURGE the files that were downloaded because of the stupid
default
setting? How do I identify them. How do I purge the local copies of
the files corresponding to downloads of messages that are NOT marked
for deletion and jsut have the copies on the server?

Huh?
Just leave the details up to Thunderbird.

That was also my instinct, but I'm not sure if TB is going to tidy up
that space. On my laptop, I have 16Gb taken up by TB mailbox files - I
stopped the sync 2 days ago, nothing's been tidied up. One account I
set to "keep 1 week" for the inbox, but the INBOX file sofar remains at
120Mb.

In my experience, when Thunderbird does a compact operation, it does
save space. Right click on folder, choose compact.

5599325 on imap.telefonica-4.net/INBOX
4696026 after compact.

I have other folders with 3 GB, and 2 GB. The 3 GB is the local one,
should not be that large. Problem there, but can't investigate much now,
I' leaving for a trip. Account/setting has "message sync" disabled, but
then on disk space has "sunc all locally despite of age. I'll change to
the most recent 30 days.

If you click "advanced" you see which folders are stored locally, but
none is marked for this account. It could be 3GB of indexes... Looking
at the files, it is all "*msf" files, which are indeed indexes. So the
local account in Th keeps 3GB of indexes :-o

Similarly for the gmail account. 2 GB of indexes.

Ok, investigation done :-)

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.