[opensuse] Re: cleaning up Thunderbird mail storage
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2018 15:51:35 +0200
Anton Aylward wrote:

On 2018-08-22 4:51 p.m., jdd@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

I have 17 remote IMAP accounts, 3 local IMAP accounts with Dovecot
and a IMAP-to-Gmail account.

I've just been though and pursed all the local-storage settings.
anton@main:~> du -Lsh ~/.thunderbird
1.1G /home/anton/.thunderbird

Maybe compact folders?

As in "actually delete the messages marked for deletion".
yes, but many of those messages are on the server.
How do I PURGE the files that were downloaded because of the stupid
default setting?

Here is what I'm trying on one account - set the maximum sync period to
1 week, then enable the sync. It didn't ahev any immediate effect,
maybe there is regular clean-up operation.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (21.8°C)