Re: [opensuse] nmb warning spam log problem
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2018 11:21:53 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2018-08-24 10:52, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

Hi,

I get tons of these in one machine:

3.3> 2018-08-24T09:28:18.326441+02:00 Isengard nmbd 1916 - -
[2018/08/24 09:28:18.324888, 0]
../source3/nmbd/nmbd_namequery.c:109(query_name_response)
[snip]
Supposedly, when both wlan and eth are active (there is no button to
deactivate wlan in this laptop),

no rfkill switch, that's interesting.

In Windows, the airplane function key works.

But not in Linux? That's a pity.

[nip]
What is it really complaining about, why does it keep filling the
log with thousands of entries like that? How can I stop it?

It's a known issue:

https://thr3ads.net/samba/2000/08/1675707-query_name_response-Multiple-responses-received

Aug 2000!

Okay, a very well known issue :-)

It looks like maybe the 'interfaces' config would be useful to play
with.

Ha! ie, disabling the wan in the nmb config in Legolas. What if I'm
then connected via wan another day? Undo manually each time? Not good.

However, even when the second interface is disabled (ifconfig doesn't
list it), the complains continue.

Ie, this instant only ONE IP is connected.

Dunno, I never dabble much with samba.

I use and watch the warn log because supposedly it only has
*important* issues.

Well, it has warnings. Not necessarily important warnings :-)

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (19.5°C)