Re: [opensuse] Leap-15.0: how to switch to single user mode?
On 2018-08-23 12:28, Josef Wolf wrote:
On Thu, Aug 23, 2018 at 10:42:29AM +0200, Per Jessen wrote:
On Leap15, from a konsole window under Plasma I issued "systemctl
isolate rescue.target".

I was given a console with "You are in rescue mode ... ... give root
password for maintenance". Keyboard appears dead, does not respond to
anything, password, Ctrl-D, Alt-Fx, ctrl-alt-delete. Mouse cursor is
present and mobile. The only way out was sysrq-B.

Thanks for confirming the problem.

I don't even get the "You are in rescue mode" message.

Just a thought. Have you tried emergency.target to isolate the problem? After that you need to start units one by one as it is equvalent to booting with init=/bin/sh

systemctl isolate emergency.target

I'm not on Leap so I can't say if it works for you but on TW it's sort of work. When I issue the command it hangs for a while trying to unmount /home and after that I'm given the "You are in rescue mode ... ... give root password for maintenance".

Cheers,

--
/bengan