Re: [opensuse] Leap-15.0: how to switch to single user mode?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2018 08:42:13 +0200
Josef Wolf wrote:

On Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 06:28:10PM +0200, Per Jessen wrote:
- Switching to single user from a different runlevel (e.g. from RL
5) does NOT work, no matter whether I am logged into some terminal
or not or whether I am logged into the graphic environment.

The latter sounds like worth writing a bug report on.

Before writing a bug, I'd like to try trace down the problem. At least
to gather some information to help the developers tracking down the
problem.

Any hints?

Enable systemd debug mode, that ought to log plenty of information.

https://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/Debugging/

I would also take a look at man systemd.special for description of
rescue and emergency targets.

Maybe try a serial console to see if a getty is left running there.

I'll try out the rescue.target myself, on a desktop and let you know
what I see.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (20.0°C)