Re: [opensuse] Leap-15.0: how to switch to single user mode?
  • From: Knurpht-openSUSE <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2018 13:54:59 +0200
On 2018-08-22 13:19, Josef Wolf wrote:
Hello,

if i give the command "telinit s" (on VT1 of course) the screen is blanked
and only a cursor blinks at the top left corder.

If I use CTL-ATL-F1 to switch to VT1 again, I see the last contents of
that
VT1. The last command I gave (the "telinit s") just hangs. I'd expect
either a root shell or a prpmopt to type the root password to get a
shell.

What gives? How can I switch to single user mode?

Maybe "init S".
Where on could also hit 'e' in the GRUB menu, and append ' 1' right after
showopts, incl. the space char. Then hit F10, and the system will boot in
single user mode.

--
Gertjan Lettink a.k.a. Knurpht
openSUSE Board Member