Re: [opensuse] Install leap-15.0 with nvidia card
On 2018-08-21 14:00, Josef Wolf wrote:
On 2018-08-21 13:23, Josef Wolf wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to install openSUSE-Leap-15.0-DVD-x86_64.iso on a desktop with
an
nvidia quadro 2000 card.

On the splash screen I select the monitor resolution and then choose
"Install". Then kernel/installer is loaded (with progress bar indication on
the bottom of the screen).

Did you try without selecting a resolution?

Yes. In this case, even CTL-ALT-F1 won't work. :-((

Oh.

When installer starts up, the screen turns to black and the monitor switches
off, saying "going to sleep".

Switching to VT1 (with CTRL-ALT-F1) works, but when I switch back to the
installer (CTRL-ALT-F7), everyhting is dark again.

Searching the net finds me many information about installing the nvidia
drivers ON A RUNNING SYSTEM.

But how is one supposed to install the system in the first place?

You don't.

???

You simply can not use proprietary nvidia drivers during the
installation. You have to use what is already there in the installation
media, ie nouveau.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.