Re: [opensuse] skype for linux version4.3
On 2018-08-20 07:58, Constant Brouerius van Nidek wrote:
Could somebody give me the tips I looking for?

Hi,

I haven't used 4.x because Skype 8.x works without a problem on my Lenovo with Tumbleweed on. But here it is.

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:XRevan86:non-free/skype-legacy

But as 4.x and 8.x is completely different it might be better to try to solve (or at least get down to the bottom of it) first.

I remember vaguely that you asked before about this on the list but can't remember what was the outcome of that.

So I just suggest the findings I used when all was screwed up in the beginning of 8.x

1. Try start it on command line with:

PULSE_LATENCY_MSEC=90 skypeforlinux

You might be able to lower 90 to 30 or 60 but that's more about your hardware.

2. Is it the official rpm you have used?

3. move $HOME/.Skype and start over?
4. Test the webversion (that skype 8 is based on) web.skype.com in different browsers.

regards,

--
/bengan