Re: [opensuse] Fax vulnerability
On 08/17/2018 11:35 AM, James Knott wrote:
On 08/17/2018 02:24 PM, Bruce Ferrell wrote:
Some people also use PGP for that purpose, but it's not as suitable for
business use as X.509.
Yeah, but the courts don't recognize it
Actually, they do in many countries:

Are eSignatures, based on digital signature technology, legally enforceable?

Yes. The EU passed the EU Directive for Electronic Signatures in 1999,
and the United States passed the Electronic Signatures in Global and
National Commerce Act (ESIGN) in 2000. Both acts made electronically
signed contracts and documents legally binding, like paper-based
contracts. Since then, the legality of electronic signatures has been
upheld many times.

https://www.docusign.ca/how-it-works/electronic-signature/digital-signature/digital-signature-faq

Yeah, I know... In other countries other things are legal/accepted.

There are hordes around the world who like to crow "our way is better" and then
do stupid things around that whole idea, up to and including fighting wars.

I live in the US... which is more and more like what we used to call third
world or back water nations. So I can really only comment on what happens here.

And yes, it IS stupid, but them's the rules I have/get to work under.

As a boss I had long ago used to tell me "I am but a poor peasant boy".