Re: [opensuse] Firefox: is this a possible security problem?
* David C. Rankin <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [08-15-18 20:23]:
On 08/15/2018 04:23 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
What occurred today is something which I did not expect on a Linux system:
Firefox *UPGRADED* *ITSELF* to version 62.0b17.

This has pissed me off about mozilla for a while. So much so that I explicitly
prevent the install of the update tool (which you can if you install with a
"Custom" install the first time, if not mozilla presumes you want it to
automatically update itself. That is a software package out of control.

I don't mind the package telling me that an update is available, but I do not
way any software thinking it has the right to touch my system until I tell it
to do so.

don't use mozilla's repos. simple solution.