Re: [opensuse] How to add a second openSUSE install to an EFI machine?
On 2018-08-04 15:49, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Carlos E. R. <> [08-04-18 09:38]:

Ok,

now I have an EFI laptop that successfully boots Windows and Linux freshly
installed (leap 15.0)

Now I also want to copy another openSUSE install from an external backup to
the internal disk (using rsync). I have no issues with root and home, but I
do not know how to handle the EFI partition.

Because both openSUSE installs use the same dirs and files in EFI...

Ideas?

efibootmgr might help. you can assign descriptive names for the distros
if you wish, and the order they appear iirc.

That I know, but what files do I copy from the backup to the restored
system under /efi partition? And where? Do I rename them?

Once the files are restored, efibootmgr might be used to choose options.

The backup has:

linux-9wbs:/mnt/efi # tree
.
└── EFI
├── boot
│   ├── bootx64.efi
│   └── fallback.efi
└── opensuse
├── MokManager.efi
├── boot.csv
├── grub.cfg
├── grub.efi
├── grubx64.efi
└── shim.efi

3 directories, 8 files
linux-9wbs:/mnt/efi #

/boot/efi
├── BOOT
│   └── BOOT.SDI
└── EFI
├── Boot
│   └── bootx64.efi
├── Microsoft
│   ├── Boot
│   │   ├── BCD
│   │   ├── BCD.LOG
│   │   ├── BCD.LOG1
│   │   ├── BCD.LOG2
│   │   ├── BOOTSTAT.DAT
│   │   ├── Fonts
│   │   │   ├── chs_boot.ttf
│   └── Recovery
│   ├── BCD
│   ├── BCD.LOG
│   ├── BCD.LOG1
│   └── BCD.LOG2
└── opensuse
├── MokManager.efi
├── boot.csv
├── grub.cfg
├── grub.efi
├── grubx64.efi
└── shim.efi

As you see, both have an "opensuse" directory. I can not overwrite one
with the other.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.