Re: [opensuse] CANBus experience
On 06/29/2018 11:12 AM, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 3:56 PM, ken <gebser@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 06/26/2018 07:23 AM, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 12:58 PM, Dave Howorth <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
What or where does the card plug into in the car?
We have measurement systems in the vehicles with computers running
openSUSE. Lots of lasers, accelerometers, 3D video/laser scanners,
GPS, high speed cameras, retroreflectivity devices, and the like. This
will be one more device that the system will manage.

Yes, of course, all that.  But my question is: Where, or into what, in a
car does the card plug into?  That is, if I buy such a card, it will
accomplish very little if it is lying on my desk.  It needs to connect
into my car, yes?  So where in the car does it plug into?