Re: [opensuse] Network manager does not restore same connection
On 06/25/2018 01:46 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
and then put the laptop to sleep.

Sleep, or Hibernate?

Sleep: Suspend to ram. Wakes up instantly upon resume.
Hibernate: Suspend to disk, takes almost as long as a reboot when resuming.

Carlos was saying hibernate, but I didn't get an answer when I asked if that is
what
he really meant.

When your battery runs down to nothing, you will lose your session if sleeping.
It will take days.
With Hibernate you can shut it off for years.

There are subtle differences in some machines.