Re: [opensuse] Network manager does not restore same connection
On 06/24/2018 08:14 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
I suspect TCP connections will time out and fail.
I have been these days hibernating a desktop and two laptops with ssh
sessions active, and sometimes they survive, if they wake up at nearly
the same time.

NFS always survives, but it is because it tries again.

Those are not TCP sessions, they're app sessions.  TCP refers only to
the part of the IP stack that reliably transfers data over IP.  If one
end stops, while transferring data, the other end will time out.  On the
other hand if the transfer has completed, there is no session to
stop/fail and you could just pick up after coming out of hibernation.