Re: [opensuse] Network manager does not restore same connection
On 2018-06-23 20:58, Per Jessen wrote:
James Knott wrote:

On 06/23/2018 03:16 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
It might try on wake up DHCP on a new network that requires a
different type of DHCP with password

Since when does DHCP require a password?

I was wondering about that one too, I don't know of any dhcp
implementation that requires a password.

I wonder if Carlos meant one of those setups where at first you only get
access to a login webpage. After authentication, you then have full
access.

I have been on networks where only authorized computers get an address.
I don't remember any with password, though. The one I remember best the
computer had to boot from network to be authorized; if it booted
independently there was no auth. I was very lowly to know how exactly it
worked.

However, if you google "dhcp password" there are many hits, several to
say no, but some say yes:

<https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/reference/configuration-statement/password-edit-system-services.html>

--
Cheers / Saludos,