Re: [opensuse] Baffled by shell script
  • From: Mikhail Ramendik <mr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2018 12:23:07 +0200
On 23 June 2018 at 22:48, Joseph Comfort <Joseph.Comfort@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Can you simply run the command directly from a shell prompt and see
what happens?

My suspicion is that the edc file fails to start because of some lost
prerequisite, and so shell says the file is not there.

An interesting thought, thanks. I have not fully installed the system yet
-- only the initial load from the DVD iso. I need an ascii file editor for
the next (painful) stage of deciding which rpms to keep or delete.

People are responding about knowing vi, but I suspect that nano is
available. Can you try starting nano? Unlike vi it is extremely easy
to use. and it would give you your editing capabilities.

--
Yours, Mikhail Ramendik