Re: [opensuse] Network manager does not restore same connection
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2018 09:31:36 +0200
James Knott wrote:

On 06/23/2018 03:26 PM, Per Jessen wrote:
So, Linux is routing over the preferred interface, based on the
metric.
That's what I meant. It doesn't solve the OPs issue though.

The only thing that will fix his problem is having only one config
auto connect.  Otherwise, there is no way for it to know what the
default is.

Right.

However, I would expect the selected config to remain
after hibernation, assuming the Ethernet connection hasn't been
disconnected. A computer in hibernation is simply in a power saving
mode and shouldn't change.

Yeah, I would tend to agree with that. OTOH I can't easily dismiss John
Andersen's argument from yesterday.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (15.9°C)