Re: [opensuse] Network manager does not restore same connection
On Sat, 23 Jun 2018 14:20:41 -0400
James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 06/21/2018 04:44 PM, John Andersen wrote:
I'm going to suggest that was intentional.
People hibernate (and/or suspend)machines mostly to travel, home to
work, on the road, etc. Expecting the same connection to be
available, and preferred upon resume seems a corner case rather
than the normal case. The IP set (manually or via DHCP) should
never be trusted upon a resume. You may have moved from one network
to another.

If the computer has only been hibernating and the Ethernet cable has
not been disconnected, why would it assume it's elsewhere and needing
a different connection?

Indeed, I'd expect any open TCP connections still be open afterwards,
as well.