Re: [opensuse] Network manager does not restore same connection
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2018 20:55:43 +0200
James Knott wrote:

On 06/23/2018 12:19 PM, Per Jessen wrote:
I have two eth network configurations: one automatic, which is the
default one, and one fixed, in which I define the address and other
things. I'm using "Fixed", but if I hibernate and restore I get
"wired connection 1", ie dhcp.
How does NetworkManager chose a network connection? is there a
default? I.e. is the default to pick a wireless for instance?

With WiFi and Ethernet connections, there is a "cost" metric, where
WiFi is considered more expensive than Ethernet, so WiFi would not be
used if both connect to the same network.

Isn't that a routing thing, rather than something for NetworkManager?

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (19.8°C)