Re: [opensuse] yast2 over ssh
On 2018-06-22 12:04, Simon Becherer wrote:
Hi carlos,

I can't test this just now, but two suggestions:

1) ssh -X root@machine

which is what I normally do.

2) ssh -X user@machine su -

first one i could not test, i have some restrictions set
(i do not know where) to do not ssh direct as root.

second one do exactly same as without "user@"

i tried:

yast2 --gtk
.. the gtk gui has beeen retired, fallung back to qt
empty not responding window

yast2 --qt same here empty not respons window

yast2 --ncurses will start

Finally I managed to update my test TW system, and I can reproduce the issue.

I did "ssh -X root@machine" from 42.3 XFCE to TW. Then I started "yast -qt" and
got an empty window that did not respond, I have to forcibly close it.

Tumbleweed:~ # yast --qt
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
No XVisualInfo for format QSurfaceFormat(version 2.0, options
QFlags<QSurfaceFormat::FormatOption>(), depthBufferSize -1, redBufferSize 1,
greenBufferSize 1, blueBufferSize 1, alphaBufferSize -1, stencilBufferSize -1,
samples -1, swapBehavior QSurfaceFormat::SwapBehavior(SingleBuffer),
swapInterval 1, colorSpace QSurfaceFormat::ColorSpace(DefaultColorSpace),
profile QSurfaceFormat::OpenGLContextProfile(NoProfile))
Falling back to using screens root_visual.
QXcbShmImage: xcb_shm_create_segment() failed for size 1420440
The X11 connection broke (error 1). Did the X11 server die?
Tumbleweed:~ #

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.