Re: [opensuse] Missing Gwenview and Okular

Op 22-06-18 om 16:53 schreef Knurpht@openSUSE:
Op vrijdag 22 juni 2018 16:49:00 CEST schreef A. den Oudsten:
Op 22-06-18 om 16:44 schreef Knurpht@openSUSE:
Op vrijdag 22 juni 2018 16:38:22 CEST schreef A. den Oudsten:
Op 21-06-18 om 15:40 schreef Knurpht@openSUSE:
Op donderdag 21 juni 2018 11:40:40 CEST schreef A. den Oudsten:
Op 21-06-18 om 10:10 schreef David C. Rankin:
On 06/20/2018 09:25 AM, A. den Oudsten wrote:
linux-l7mf:~ # kbuilsycoca5 -- noincremental
I got this back
If 'kbuilsycoca5' is not a typo you can use command-not-found to
lookup
the

package that contains it, like this:
cnf kbuilsycoca5

André
André

kbuildsycoca5 is an acronym for
kde build system config cache (for kde5)
^ ^ ^^^ ^^ ^^ ^

and the option --noincremental is used to discard the current cache
and
rebuild from scratch.

Knowing what the acronym stands for may help avoid typos in the
future
:)
After choosing 'Konsole' I got this;
Andredo@linux-l7mf:~> kbuildsycoca5 --noincremental
kbuildsycoca5 running...
kf5.kservice.services: The desktop entry file
"/usr/share/applications/org.kde.drkonqi.desktop" has Type=
"Application" but no Exec line
kf5.kservice.sycoca: Invalid Service :
"/usr/share/applications/org.kde.drkonqi.desktop"
kf5.kservice.services: The desktop entry file
"/usr/share/applications/org.kde.systemmonitor.desktop" has Type=
"Application" but no Exec line
kf5.kservice.sycoca: Invalid Service :
"/usr/share/applications/org.kde.systemmonitor.desktop"
Andredo@linux-l7mf:~>

And now?? Reinstall with the latest snapshot?

André
That's no use, The menu data live in your homedir.
I yet reinstalled with snapshot 06-18
No gwenview and okular in /usr/share
Gwenview and okular copied from my desktop Leap 15.1 into my /usr/share
Both installed with zypper install
Problem solved

I think kbuildsycoca5 did not work due to the absence of these programs
in /usr/share

André
I hope this is not from Leap 15 to Tw. Don't ever do that. It's one of the
ways to bring serious trouble over your system. I don't understand either,
are you saying the packages aren't available at all for you?
I did not find them /usr/share and looked no further

André
Mixing package content will lead to file conflicts etc. If not now, it
definitely will. And by the time you ask here or somewhere else no one will
remember what you did here.
I checked and
sudo zypper in gwenview5 okular
will simply install the packages. Don't know why they're not in the patterns
packages or in the recommends.

Thanks!!
André