Re: [opensuse] Can't make Libre Office Base work
On Fri, 22 Jun 2018 13:34:56 +0200

On 2018-06-22 13:27, Dave Howorth wrote:
On Fri, 22 Jun 2018 12:50:34 +0200

Hi,

I'm trying again LO Base against an existing database in MySQL.
Things have improved, but not enough to make it work.

[snip]

How is this supposed to work?

Is Libre Office Base finished? I have been waiting for this
feature in Linux since 1998, when I used it in Windows Office and
worked instantly. Rekall in KDE3 did it fine, but Rekall is no
longer provided in openSUSE.

In fact, in order to take the photos for this post and show the
line connecting the relationship I have to exit LO and delete the
created file. It only draws the line the first time I try, not the
next times.

Yes, I have looked in LO help. Useless. No howto. I don't
understand a word of it.

I suggest posting your entire question to the LO mailing list.
You're likely to get much more comprehensive replies there.

But this seems an openSUSE problem, the videos show it working.

I stand by my suggestion. It may be an opensuse problem, it may not.
But the people who will know are on the LO list.

I tried to use ODBC, I can't even set it up.

Select database: connect using ODBC.
Name of the ODBC data source on your system. Browse--> nothing found.

I try JDBC next.

Select database: connect using JDBC.
It asks for the datasource URL (e.g. postgressql://host/database).
I try mysql://localhost/biblioteca.
It does not allow me to continue.

Where is that LO mailing list?