Re: [opensuse] yast2 over ssh
  • From: Peter Suetterlin <pit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2018 09:58:53 +0100
Simon Becherer wrote:

tumbleweed, kde, x11:

i recognized that i am not able to use yast2 over ssh any more.
this was working before (about 2 or 3 weeks).

must i set something special NOW? or is this a know bug?

ssh -X for yast2 to a opensuse 11.4 system works fine. (also no ownership
error)

Unfortunately I only have one TW system around, so I cannot test -X-ing
between those. But from TW to Leap 42.3 it does work w/o errors, too. Both
with direct logins (ssh root@) and the method you use ( ssh user@; su).

only tumbleweed to tumbleweed did not work.

starting other graphical tools like clamtk as root, or firefox or thunderbird
(as user)
will work fine.

what is going on here?

Weird indeed.
I intended to set up another TW here anyhow today/in the comming days. Will
try it then...