Re: [opensuse] access certificate on firefox
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2018 08:58:18 +0200
Dave Howorth wrote:

How do I access a certificate on firefox?
(FF52.8 on Leap 42.3)

I'm trying to open my electricity supplier's website and FF says

energyco.co.uk uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is only valid for the following names:
*.azurewebsites.net, *.scm.azurewebsites.net, *.azure-mobile.net,
*.scm.azure-mobile.net, *.sso.azurewebsites.net

Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN

Assuming your electricity supplier does not run their website under one
of those names, well, that's the reason. The certificate is only valid
for those names.

chromium by contrast opens the website and shows me a certificate that
looks sensible. I want to understand whether it has been fooled or ff
is borked.

That is odd. You really should see the same behaviour, regardless of
which browser you're using.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (15.0°C)