Re: [opensuse] Missing Gwenview and Okular
  • From: Andrew Colvin <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2018 07:15:29 +0100
On Thursday, 21 June 2018 22:39:41 BST Knurpht@openSUSE wrote:
Op donderdag 21 juni 2018 22:11:25 CEST schreef Andrew Colvin:
On Thursday, 21 June 2018 15:27:22 BST David Rakidzija wrote:
And now?? Reinstall with the latest snapshot?

André

That's no use, The menu data live in your homedir.

When doing a fresh install using the 6/15 snapshot I noticed as well,
that
it didn't come with Gwenview, digiKam and Okular pre installed.

Sorry first chance to reply - My okular got uninstalled recently on
tumbleweed with one of the updates (can;t remember which one) and I had to
reinstall it - similarly gwenview was also missing which I noticed Sunday
this week.

This indicates that you used something else to update than 'zypper dup'.
And, question: any other repos than the stock ones active?

Nope (ignoring it is tumbleweed-cli I am using) and Yes. I have collected
many repos over the long history of this install (seems I have a few system
files dated mid 2015) and also been disabled. This box is no virgin install
it has history and has seen many roles and this long hostory just shows how
great tumbleweed is. Yes a few mishaps (like when my KDE panels got screwed
due to an upstream bug) here and there but generally great

However, this may be the case for the Aden (OP) so his could also have been
removed. Nothing wrong with doing a
zypper in -f okular gwenview
as that will remake the desktop files etc if they are not there and rebuilding
the cache obviously hasnt helped