Re: [opensuse] access certificate on firefox
On 2018-06-21 12:58, Dave Howorth wrote:
How do I access a certificate on firefox?
(FF52.8 on Leap 42.3)

I'm trying to open my electricity supplier's website and FF says

energyco.co.uk uses an invalid security certificate.

which URL?

Because <http://energyco.co.uk/> says:

The domain name
energyco.co.uk
is for sale!

If I try <https://energyco.co.uk/> then I get:

+++----------------
Your connection is not secure

The owner of energyco.co.uk has configured their website improperly. To
protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to
this website.

Learn more…

Report errors like this to help Mozilla identify and block malicious sites
----------------++-

Well, as this site is a parked domain, it is not strange that the
certificate doesn't match the domain.

On the url box there is a an 'i' inside a circle. Clicking expands the
security information.

Chrome produces the exact same error:

+++----------------
Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from energyco.co.uk
(for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

Automatically send some system information and page content to Google to
help detect dangerous apps and sites. Privacy policy

ADVANCED Back to safety
----------------++-

Click on advanced produces:

+++----------------
This server could not prove that it is energyco.co.uk; its security
certificate is not trusted by your computer's operating system. This may
be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.

Proceed to energyco.co.uk (unsafe)
----------------++-

And clicking on proceed produces another error:

This site can’t be reached
The webpage at https://energyco.co.uk/ might be temporarily down or it
may have moved permanently to a new web address.
ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Conclusion: THAT is not your electricity provider. Or no longer is.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.