Re: [opensuse] access certificate on firefox
* Dave Howorth <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [06-21-18 08:50]:
On Thu, 21 Jun 2018 07:17:34 -0400
Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

* Dave Howorth <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [06-21-18 07:00]:
How do I access a certificate on firefox?
(FF52.8 on Leap 42.3)

I'm trying to open my electricity supplier's website and FF says

energyco.co.uk uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is only valid for the following names:
*.azurewebsites.net, *.scm.azurewebsites.net, *.azure-mobile.net,
*.scm.azure-mobile.net, *.sso.azurewebsites.net

Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN

but I can't find out how to actually inspect the certificate to see
what FF is complaining about.

firefox stores configurations and other below ~/.mozilla

certificates are in berkley db files called cert#.db, as cert8.db

Thanks. According to file I have a v1.85 database and according to
<http://pybsddb.sourceforge.net/ref/dumpload/utility.html> I need
db_dump185 to read it. But all I seem to have installed are db_dump
and db48_dump both of which produce errors.

$ file cert8.db
cert8.db: Berkeley DB 1.85 (Hash, version 2, native byte-order)
$ db_dump cert8.db
db_dump: __db_meta_setup: cert8.db: unexpected file type or format
db_dump: open: cert8.db: Invalid argument
$ db48_dump cert8.db
db48_dump: __db_meta_setup: cert8.db: unexpected file type or format
db48_dump: open: cert8.db: Invalid argument

I can't find db_dump185 for opensuse using YaST or google.

chromium by contrast opens the website and shows me a certificate
that looks sensible. I want to understand whether it has been
fooled or ff is borked.

[snark ignored]

so I guess you also ingored the other approaches which provide other
meanse to check the cherts. do as you will.