Re: [opensuse] zypper/yast vs. other package managers
On 18/06/18 19:58, Felix Miata wrote:
Debian is the foundation on which *buntus are based. I would be shocked to
find
the closest equivalent releases had any differences in apt behavior. I could
have referred to Xenial, but Stretch is over a year newer, Buster not even a
release yet, and I've yet to find a compelling reason to install Bionic.

Yes, I know that, but they are _not the same_. They are less similar
than openSUSE and SLE.

Ubuntu is much less technologically conservative than Debian. Often it
includes newer tech and newer functionality. _Some_ of this is taken
back upstream to Debian but not all.

Do not expect Ubuntu commands to work on Debian.

The new ``apt'' command seems to be an Ubuntu initiative; previous,
Debian favoured ``aptitude''.

So, no, what I am talking about is Ubuntu-specific and no, it will
probably _not_ work in Debian.

As I said.